[Interest] Does Qt5 support SIMD instructions?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Jan 23 16:28:15 CET 2013

On quarta-feira, 23 de janeiro de 2013 10.38.19, Silvola Taito wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Does anyone know if Qt 5 supports SIMD instructions? I noticed this blog
> post for Qt 4.x
> http://blog.qt.digia.com/blog/2010/08/24/improving-the-rendering-performanc
> e-with-more-simd/

Everything that applied to Qt 4 still applies to Qt 5.

What did change is that I improved that support a bit in Qt 5, added Windows-
MSVC support (see [1]) and cleaned up the older SIMD, like MMX. I have also a
huge patch of pending changes to improve even further, but I haven't managed
to fix some "WIP" that have been there for over a year.

There are now some pending patches I'm reviewing that improve SIMD support on
MIPS.

[1] http://www.macieira.org/blog/2012/06/avx-optimised-raster-painting-for-
windows-too/