[Interest] Contributing to Qt : when you're a spare contributor

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Jan 24 21:31:08 CET 2013

On quinta-feira, 24 de janeiro de 2013 18.34.15, Jordi Pujol wrote:
> Sure. Note that I've said "I sign a disclaimer saying I'VE wrote that
> code...blah, blah". Blames to me ( a simple note on commit, and solved
> ). I'm not a lawyer, so perhaps I'm absolutely wrong, but we can always
> find a simple solution for this case.

We have such a thing. It's called the Qt Contribution License Agreement. In
order to put any code of yours under the CLA for use in Qt, you have to push
it into Gerrit.

Once it's in Gerrit, the contribution will have your name as author and will
be recorded as such forever. Even if someone touches it up to fix a small issue
or failing regression.

In other words, we cannot skip the submission to Gerrit. I know it's a bit to
remember how to do it, but we have a wiki for that. If you need to submit
twice a year, just open the wiki and keep it open next to your command-line
while you do it.

[if you're behind a corporate firewall, it will be harder to push. But then
again, maybe you shouldn't submit code that the corporation in question owns.
If the corporation is agreeing to the submission, the IT people will help
getting through the firewall]