[Interest] Problem with QSharedMemory

Guido Seifert Wargand at gmx.de
Sat Jan 26 19:20:54 CET 2013

> Yes. The QSharedMemory code is really racy. If you attach and detach,
> create and attempt to destroy, it's quite easy to get the QSharedMemory
> code to fail.

Thanks. It is easy to workaround this problem. Just makes my code a little bit more complicated than it has to be. I wanted a second opinion to be sure it isn't my code. And since it is known I suppose I don't need to write a bug report. :-)

Currently my code creates and destroys roughly every 10 seconds. Once every 20-30 minutes I have a failed create. Might be more efficient if I figure out what the max amount of memory is I need and keep it this size.

> > Maybe it would be nice to have a signal, which tells, when a segment
> > really is destroyed? OR course, if such a signal is even possible.

> Since any segment can be recreated, it's not easy to do that.

Thought so. Especially for many different platforms.

Guido