[Interest] Qt Installer Framework

Heimrich Karsten Karsten.Heimrich at digia.com
Mon Jan 28 07:33:12 CET 2013

Hi Ivan,

> Your way with "ProgramFiles" variable works, thanks very much.

Great!

> So, can anyone help me how can i remove installation directory if it's not empty before installing?

I'm not sure, but there was an undocumented "RemoveTargetDir" variable to be set. Maybe Tim or Niels can comment a bit more on that!

> Also, it seem i found another bug under Windows. I  created 2 installers with different versions (say, 1 and 2),
> installed them to 2 different folders (c:/app-1 and c:/app-2), created 2 different entries in start menu ("App-1"
> and "App-2"). However, in Programs and Features i see only one installed program (the last one) named
> "App". Attempt to uninstall removes only the last installed version and i can't remove second version from
> Programs & Features anymore. Is this a bug? Shouldn't (at least) version be considered when registering
> application in  Programs and Features? Or maybe you should register all apps with different install paths as
> different entries?

Not sure how we handle that, but i guess that behavior is correct. In case of two different uninstall tools, both called "App", one entry will overwrite the other (even if version is different). Anyway, I need to lookup MSDN for the right behavior, in the meantime it wouldn't hurt if you could file an issue. Better we close it later than to forget to fix it if it's broken.

-- Karsten