[Interest] Qt5 LinuxFB crash

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu Jan 31 15:51:09 CET 2013

Dear Andre Renaud,

On Thu, 31 Jan 2013 15:49:42 +1300, Andre Renaud wrote:

> I'm evaluating Qt5 on an older ARM platform, using just the linuxfb
> (no xcb, or opengl). However when I run any of the examples I get a
> segfault somewhere inside the libqlinuxfb.so. Unfortunately, due to
> memory constraints, I am unable to build and run the full debug
> version of Qt5, so I can't get a more detailed stack trace than this:
> root at snapper:/home/andre/work/package-builder/build/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-

I confirm that the linuxfb backend is broken as of today. One bug is
fixed by
http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/interest/2013-January/005381.html.

But the other bug detailed at
http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/interest/2013-January/005382.html
is still not fixed.

Note that even if your device is resource constrained, you can get a
full backtrace: build Qt with debugging symbols, keep the library files
with debugging symbols on your development workstation, and on your
target, put a stripped version of the libraries. Then, do a usual
remote debugging session, pointing your cross gdb to the libraries
having the debugging symbols on your workstation, and you'll get full
stack traces.

Best regards,

Thomas
--