[Interest] Qt5 LinuxFB crash

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu Jan 31 23:48:01 CET 2013

Dear Andre Renaud,

On Fri, 1 Feb 2013 10:35:06 +1300, Andre Renaud wrote:
> >> Thanks for that - I should have mentioned that in the strace output
> >> the last thing it did was a KDGETMODE ioctl. So that patch fixed
> >> it.
> >
> > And then it works for you? For me, even with the KDGETMODE fix, it
> > still crashes later.
>
> Most programs seem to work fine. The qtbase/examples/gui/rasterwindow
> application still dies in the way you've described, but that seems to
> be the only one.

Aaah, interesting. I had been testing only with the rasterwindow
application, since I thought it was kind of the simplest application.
I'll test with other applications as well.

But still, it'd be great to get some help to fix this rasterwindow
application crash. I've already offered to test patches, continue to
provide backtraces and so on, but so far, I haven't had a lot of
feedback.

Best regards,

Thomas
--