[Interest] Qt ifw, error message: "Could not write installer configuration "

Niclas Karlsson Niclas.Karlsson at xdin.com
Tue Jul 2 16:51:48 CEST 2013

Hi,

I'm using QT installer framework (the binary release 1.3.0) to distribute (offline) my Windows application. The default target directory is set to C:\Program files (x86)\MyApp. When I run the installer on a computer with windows 7 the "User Account Control" window is displayed right before any files will install. I Press Yes, and the installation continues. When the progressbar hits 99 % en error message is displayed; "Could not write installer configuration to C:\Program files (x86)\MyApp/uninstall.ini: Access error", not the forward slash after MyApp (don't think this is the problem). If a make some investigations before I press the OK button in the error message, I can see that the installer installed the files to the correct directory. When I hit the OK button the installation is aborted and all files are removed again.

If I run the installer by right clicking on it and select "Run as administrator",  the installation will finish without a problem.

How can I make this work?

Best regards,
Niclas