[Interest] hide shortcuts in menu without disabling them

Vincent vincentb1981 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 09:52:40 CEST 2013

Hi J-P,

The application is always-on-top. So in general, the application is visible
while being not active and hence shortcuts are not working in that case.
Shortcuts would be documented but not shown in the menu in order to not
confuse the user (they would try to hit the shortcut and no action would be
triggered because application is not active; and let shortcuts available
for the users that like them).

I did replace the action's shortcuts by explicit QShortcut's and then
connect their triggered() signals to QAction trigger() slots. But then when
disabling an action and firing the new related QShorcut, the QAction is
triggered().

The application relies on state machine where triggering transition relies
on QAction's. I would like to keep QAction's as a kind of central where I
connect my events.

Thanks,

Cosmo