[Interest] Qt-builds

Bo Thorsen bthorsen at ics.com
Sat Jul 6 11:52:55 CEST 2013

Den 05-07-2013 19:15, Thiago Macieira skrev:
> On sexta-feira, 5 de julho de 2013 10.31.34, Giuseppe D'Angelo wrote:
>> On 5 July 2013 07:19, Alexey Pavlov <alexpux at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Qt builded with ANGLE and sql drivers for MySQL, PostgreSQL, Firebird and
>>> Oracle.
>>
>> Is this totally transparent from a licensing POV? (Or there's some
>> chance that you are forcing users to go with GPL (and not LGPL), due
>> to f.i. MySQL?)
>>
>> If everything is OK, can we also bundle such drivers in the official builds?
>
> As long as we don't ship the *actual* libraries for those plugins, just the
> plugins, there's no chance of that being a problem. Our SQL driver code is
> licensed under the standard Qt terms and that's what counts.
>
> If the library for that SQL database isn't present, the plugin won't load. In
> order to load it, the application developers must supply the library and then
> they must investigate the licensing terms thereof.

True for Oracle and others, but for PostgreSQL and MariaDB (also works
with MySQL) we can deliver the actual libraries, so it works out of the
box. There is no license issue that stops us from doing it, but there
could be other reasons.

Bo.

--
Bo Thorsen, European Qt Manager, Integrated Computer Solutions
ICS - Delivering World-Class Applications for Embedded & Mobile Devices