[Interest] Modify QCompleter's appearance

Sensei senseiwa at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 12:27:19 CEST 2013

Dear all,

I am happy with the current behavior of QCompleter for a QLineEdit
subclass I wrote, however, I'd like to modify its appearance.

Being completely at lost here, I'm asking again for your wisdom!

I've tried to create a new QListWidget and setting the popup to it (in
the QLineEdit's constructor), and filling it when I popup the completer:
this is handled in the key press event handler.

This has unacceptable performances. At every keystroke there is a
sensible delay between the key press and the popup updating. It doesn't
happen when I just use the completer without my QListWidget.

I know there must be a smart way!

What I have to make the completer work is simple: a QCompleter, a
QStringListModel, and a QListWidget.

Can you point me in the right direction?

Cheers!