[Interest] Qt Service Framework- Will it ever be a part of Qt again?

Miller, Doug dmiller at JFTI.com
Mon Jul 8 20:46:48 CEST 2013

Since Qt5 Alpha we have been working with the Qt Service Framework.  By the time Qt5 Beta 2 came out our whole product base (which is large) was using it.  We saw many advantages to using it.  If it had been able to stay with the Qt mainstrean I'm sure there would been additional improvenments to it.  But now Qt5.1 has been released without it and I see no plans in the near future to add it back into the mainstream.  I know that, for sure, that there are business reasons (i.e. lack of manpower/money) why it has not been picked up again.

Here are my questions.  Does Digia see an added value in having the Service Framework? If manpower/money were not an issue would the Service Framework be brought back in or would there be anther implementation to provide it functionality?  I'm thinking that if it has business and technical merit then there is hope for it, and therefore I will continue using it.

Please provide some feedback that I can use in my decision making.

Thanks.