[Interest] QML Location in 5.1

Blasche Alexander Alexander.Blasche at digia.com
Tue Jul 16 16:24:46 CEST 2013

Hi,

QtLocation is not a released module as part of Qt 5.1.

However there are plans to bring it back in 5.2 and later. At the moment it looks like the Positioning API (C++ and QML) is the first part that will come back. Maps, Navigation and Places will have to wait.

On the subject of an Android and iOS port, there are plans but they are a bit to fuzzy at the moment to make commitment towards a particular Qt version. It is certainly something I'd like to see happen too.
--
Alex