[Interest] QLineEdit with a validator set

Carl Schumann schumann at fnal.gov
Wed Jul 17 16:28:35 CEST 2013

Hi,

I have a text input that I would like to validate.   So I am using a
QLineEdit instance with a validator.   The user can not type an invalid
value, which is good.

But users can type an intermediate value and type enter.  When they do
so I would like to report an error so the user knows the input was not
accepted.   It is not clear to me how to do this task, since the
returnPressed signal is not emitted as a result of the input being
invalid.   Currently I am exploring making my own subclass of QLineEdit.

Thanks for your time.   Any ideas would be appreciated please.

Sincerely,
Carl Schumann