[Interest] Issues with HTTPS, Google Maps, SSL, proxy & Qt 5.1

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sat Jul 20 08:08:04 CEST 2013

On sábado, 20 de julho de 2013 15.31.07, John C. Turnbull wrote:
> OK, so when I am in an environment that is using a proxy, the code I posted
> to setup QNetworkProxy will just work for both HTTP and HTTPS?

No, it configures the proxies for *every* connection. It will use the CONNECT
command on the HTTP server for any and every outgoing connection (except to
"localhost"), and it will make QNetworkAccessManager issue proxy GET and POST
commands where appropriate.

> If so, that's great but I can't test it now.  My *immediate* problem is that
> even when there is no proxy (such as right now), my attempt to display
> Google Maps fails with the error:
> > Unable to init SSL Context:

How did you install the OpenSSL libraries? Where are the DLLs? And what does
QSslSocket::supportsSsl() return?