[Interest] DBus on X11 using Qt5

Mandeep Sandhu mandeepsandhu.chd at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 06:38:14 CEST 2013

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 6:25 PM, Ramakanthreddy Kesireddy <
Ramakanthreddy.Kesireddy at techmahindra.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>   I would like to understand why the below code snippet doesnot
> works(Filesystem path doesnot returns any) in Ubuntu 12.04 minimal version
> where as  It works fine in Ubuntu 12.04 desktop version on target tegra3
> device.

What is a Ubuntu "minimal"? Is this some build of Ubuntu w/o the desktop
components?

Have you tried getting a reply from the interface using "dbus-send" command?

Also, why not use a proxy object to talk to the service. Its a lot easier
and less error-prone.
See:
http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/D-Bus/Accessing_Interfaces#Using_Classes_Generated_From_D-Bus_XML

HTH,