[Interest] GUI help/opinion check boxes

Yves Bailly yves.bailly at sescoi.fr
Thu Jul 25 10:22:48 CEST 2013

Hello,

Le 25/07/2013 10:15, Graham Labdon a écrit :
> As part of my application the user needs to be able to select from a set of up to 64 options.
>
> Any combination is allowed and I need a method of selecting/de-selecting all of the options. As a
> starting point I am showing (up to) 64 check boxes but by default these are 'ticked' which does not
> look particularly pleasing.
>
> Has anyone got any ideas on how best to implement this?

Maybe try to display 64 toggle buttons. Functionaly it's the same as a checkbox, but
you may be able to make them rather nice-looking with a good CSS.

See QAbstractButton::setCheckable() and use it on e.g. QPushButton.

Hope this helps.

--
      /- Yves Bailly - Software developer   -\
      \- Sescoi R&D  - http://www.sescoi.fr -/