[Interest] Fwd: Qt 4.8, MetaType

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Jul 26 21:30:30 CEST 2013

On sexta-feira, 26 de julho de 2013 20:20:57, Alexander Syvak wrote:
> About the last statement. If an object uses internally slots and signals,
> it should inherit QObject.

Correct.

> QObject is not copyconstructible, thus, the descendant as well.

Correct.

> If the object requires queued signals or QObject::property() API then
> qRegisterMetaType() should be called, which
> requires CopyConstructible property of the object. It's a cycle here.

No, it isn't.

> Where is a misunderstanding?

You're confusing the the object that contains properties (that derives from
QObject and is not copyable) with the type of the property.

The type of properties are what we call "value-type": they are default-
contructible, publicly destroyable, copyable, movable and often implicitly
shared. For those reasons, they don't derive from QObject.