[Interest] Target machine not set in projects generated by qmake for Visual Studio

Tony Rietwyk tony at rightsoft.com.au
Mon Jun 3 06:44:37 CEST 2013

Hi Everybody!

When I build my Qt 4.8.4 projects on Windows 7, I always get this warning:

	LINK : warning LNK4068: /MACHINE not specified; defaulting to X86

and later:

	<project_name> - 0 error(s), 1 warning(s)

which sucks.   I have tried changing mkspecs/win32-msvc2008/qmake.conf to
include /MACHINE:X86 in QMAKE_LFLAGS, which works well for the moment.   It
will need changing once we go to X64 builds.

How should I specify this in the qmake.conf file so that X32 or X64 builds
are generated correctly by qmake?

Thanks.

Tony