[Interest] Qt 5.1 can't find headers in third-party frameworks?

Israel Brewster israel at eraalaska.net
Tue Jun 4 23:04:33 CEST 2013

On Jun 4, 2013, at 12:57 PM, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:

> On terça-feira, 4 de junho de 2013 12.43.47, Israel Brewster wrote:
>> Sure. Under 5.1:
>>
>> /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolcha
>> in/usr/bin/clang -c -pipe -O2 -isysroot
>> /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Develo
>> per/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk -mmacosx-version-min=10.6 -Wall -W -DQT_NO_DEBUG
>
> Yeah, the main difference is the use of the SDK compiler and this -isysroot
> flag. This is an unexpected side-effect. Please file a bug against 5.1 beta.

Will do.

> But shouldn't you pass an -FEvernoteSDK flag somewhere?

My understanding of the -F flag is that it gives search paths for frameworks - so as long as the framework is in a standard search path (which it currently is) then the flag is not needed. The successful build with 5.0.1 would tend to support this theory. Is my understanding incorrect? Now what I DO have, in my .pro file, is a  mac: LIBS += -framework EvernoteSDK-Mac line, which is, I believe, what tells it to look for the framework and associated headers. Of course, if it's not looking in the right places under 5.1 by default, then that would explain things.