[Interest] QML Custom Scene Graph animation?

Alan Alpert 416365416c at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 23:40:22 CEST 2013

On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 1:51 PM, Mark <markg85 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm playing with custom QML components in Scene Graph. The kind of
> component that i want to make is a system monitor like component (and
> learning Scene Graph while doing that is a big plus). Now i'm a bit
> stuck in the animation area. I can - obviously - just draw a line in
> some custom component and then move that component in either x or y
> (or both) which will give the same results, but that's not what i'm
> looking for.
>
> What i'm looking for is the paintEvent alternative for Scene Graph. I
> have "updatePaintNode" re-implemented and am drawing stuff in a
> component, but how can i update it when the next frame is requested? I
> don't know if i should use a timer, do i? Doesn't Scene Graph work
> with vsync and shouldn't i be doing something with that? If so, how?

You can call update() on the item to mark the item as needing to call
updatePaintNode again in the next frame. If you want to update every
single frame then you can call update() inside updatePaintNode(),
otherwise you should create a QAbstractAnimation subclass to drive it
using the Qt Animation framework.

If I recall correctly, this is very similar to QPainter elements
except that you can expect the scenegraph to limit updatePaintNode
calls to the vsync rate.

--
Alan Alpert