[Interest] QtCreator c++11 integration

André Pönitz andre.poenitz at mathematik.tu-chemnitz.de
Mon Jun 10 23:47:04 CEST 2013

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 12:39:29PM +0000, Adrian Stern wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is there an overview or a roadmap showing features included in QtCreator
> and also features still in development?
> All my C++11 code compiles and runs without an issue. The only drawback
> there is, is the lack parser support for certain things.
>
> For example:
>
> Using vp = vector<int>*; ...  vp->push_back(7);   // no ide
> dereferencing. Code completion wont show me the push_back option since it
> does not know the type.

There is no roadmap to this level of detail. A few "must have" items are
usually mentioned on http://qt-project.org/wiki/Roadmap. Other than that,
there's bugreports.qt-project.org with reported issues and feature
requests. Ideas on what to implement next often start their life there.

For your problem, assuming this is something like

   vector<int> *vp;
   vp->@

with cursor at @, this works in current 2.8 branch.

> Same problem with with "auto"-typed variables. For example when
> auto-typing a function: Auto class::dostuff() -> vector<int>*;

   struct Foo { vector<int> *foo() { return new vector<int>(); } };

   int main() { auto xp = Foo().foo(); xp->@

also seems to work there.

Andre'

PS: Usually the "hot" planning phase for release N is around string
freeze/release-candidate time of release N-1, which makes _NOW_ an
excellent time to discuss what should be up next.

PPS: Talking of good timing: This reminds me to remind everybody: String
freeze for 2.8 is looming: http://qt-project.org/wiki/Releases says "wk24
(~Jun 11)", i.e. tomorrow (or even today in parts of the world).

Let's fix that '~' to 19:00 CEST. After that, good luck with convincing the
translators one-by-one that you really need yet another string ;-)