[Interest] QFileDialog is lovelier the second time around...

Duane duane.hebert at group-upc.com
Fri Jun 14 22:19:37 CEST 2013

On 6/14/2013 3:01 PM, Andre Somers wrote:
> Op 14-6-2013 19:27, Constantin Makshin schreef:
>>
>> Try non-static QFileDialog members -- it's more likely to ignore
>> various system [shell] extensions.
>>
> And way less likely to look and feel anything close to what the user
> expects in a file dialog on his platform... At least, on windows, the Qt
> file dialog is horrible IMHO.

We have to be able to change descriptors based on language and do a few
other things that prevent us from using the static ones.  But the static
ones look native and the QFileDialog doesn't.  Add to that the extreme
slow functionality, at least on Windows and it's one of the few things
from Qt that have caused problems for us, especially with our Windows
customers.

At least it seems that Qt5 File Dialogs are supposed to be quicker...