[Interest] Qt5: Where's Q_OS_X11?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Jun 17 04:08:51 CEST 2013

On segunda-feira, 17 de junho de 2013 02.15.32, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> Even though Q_OS_X11 is mentioned in the docs:
>
>    "For example, Q_OS_X11 which is defined for the X Window System."
>
> in:
>
> http://doc-snapshot.qt-project.org/qt5-dev/qtcore/qtglobal.html#details
>
> Q_OS_X11 is in fact not defined anywhere.  How do I find out at
> compile-time whether I'm building for an X11-based Qt version?
> Q_OS_UNIX doesn't mean X11 (could be Wayland, or who knows what else.)

You don't because at compile time you have not selected X11. It could be
Wayland -- the selection is done at runtime.

Anyway, the documentation is wrong. There is not and has never been a
Q_OS_X11. It was Q_WS_X11 in Qt 4.

Anyway, patch to fix the issue is out:
	https://codereview.qt-project.org/59044