[Interest] Runing KDSoap client or server outside the KDSoap installation folder

David Faure david.faure at kdab.com
Wed Jun 19 16:50:34 CEST 2013

Le mercredi 19 juin 2013 05:14:30 Olivier Austina a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I try to run a client outside the KDSoap installation folder following the
> example (in the KDSoap folder). I got the  error "[Makefile] error 2".

You might need to set the environment variable KDSOAPDIR in order to point to
your kdsoap installation.

(Like Thiago said, copy/paste the first error when hitting compilation
problems, though, it minimizes the amount of guessing we have to do).

> I try to change example.pri file to put the absolute paths but it does not
> work.

Better use the toplevel file kdsoap.pri instead of hacking example.pri
You can copy kdsoap.pri into your own project. That's the one that uses the
env var %KDSOAPDIR%.

Alternatively, you can integrate kdsoap into your own project.

PS: this is off-topic for this mailing-list, I suppose. KDSoap is Qt-based,
but it's developed on github, not on qt-project.org (and I'm its main
developer).

--
David Faure | david.faure at kdab.com | Managing Director KDAB France
Tel. France +33 (0)4 90 84 08 53, Sweden (HQ) +46-563-540090