[Interest] Qt5.1, Get "HWND" from "QWidget" ?

Charley Bay charleyb123 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 18:40:24 CEST 2013

I'm porting QWidget code to Qt5.1, it is going fine, we happen to be using
the "QtWinMigrate" add-on from:
http://qt.gitorious.org/qt-solutions/qt-solutions/trees/master/qtwinmigrate

I recall the discussion last year about the "work-around" to get a
(MS-Windows) native-HWND from a QWidget, as per the email thread:

http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/interest/2012-December/005034.html

The work-around was fine for Qt 5.0.1, but it looks like the work-around
should change for Qt5.1?

Specifically:

Does Qt 5.1 have a (formal, pubic, recommended) way to get a "native" HWND
windows-handle from a QWidget?

Sorry if this has been discussed, I could not find this in the Qt 5.1 docs
nor web searches.

-charley