[Interest] How do I clean up items in the QtQuick2 scenegraph?

Preet prismatic.project at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 07:00:43 CEST 2013

I have a couple of custom QQuickItems that I'd like to be destroyed before
the application exits if they are present in the scene.

The ~QQuickItem() destructors aren't called unless I explicitly call
    delete myQQuickView;

I call delete from the main thread, but I'm worried about what goes on with
the scene graph rendering thread when I do this. Is deleting QQuickView
from the main thread safe? If not, is there a way of stopping all rendering
activity so I can delete QQuickView safely?

Preet