[Interest] grabGesture on QDeclarativeItem subclass (for QML)

Mariano Boragno marianoboragno at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 06:32:43 CEST 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to grab gestures (pan, pinch) in a QML item I made by
subclassing QDeclarativeItem and then qmlregistertype-ing it to import it
in the QML code. I managed to get the item drawing implementing the "paint"
slot and everything is just fine, except that I cannot grab any gesture on
it.

I have included grabGesture(Qt::PanGesture) in the class constructor and
implemented the "event" slot, but I get no gesture events!

Is there something I am missing? I followed the guidelines at
http://www.developer.nokia.com/Community/Wiki/Custom_Swipe_Gestures_in_Qtbut
had no luck at all.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance, regards...