[Interest] qml desktop corner

Rutledge Shawn Shawn.Rutledge at digia.com
Fri Jun 28 10:16:07 CEST 2013

On 27 Jun 2013, at 10:09 PM, Alan Alpert wrote:

> You forget that we have a meta-object system built on top of C++.

Well, I was talking about moc above.

> We could have the C++ typing require only that the target is a QObject,
> and then do a runtime check on the properties available, and then
> access the properties through that interface. Kinda breaks how half
> the point of anchors was to be more efficient than property bindings,
> but maybe that can also be solved under the covers…

Good point.  But some of the work can be cached, e.g. the anchor can lazily get and keep the QMetaMethods for the setX and setY of the thing that it's going to move and the getters from the reference object, and just invoke() them repeatedly.  If they could be somehow converted to plain function pointers, I suppose it would be faster than calling invoke()?

Or maybe we should make QQuickAnchorLine and QQuickAnchorsPrivate into templates so they can access other types of objects that have the same accessors.  QQuickAnchors itself could start with QObjects and choose the right template at runtime.