[Interest] mouse gestures

Rutledge Shawn Shawn.Rutledge at digia.com
Wed Mar 6 13:49:16 CET 2013

On 5 Mar 2013, at 2:01 PM, Matthias Fuchs wrote:

> Hi,
>
> im am playing around with the imagegestures example and noticed that
> I do not get any gesture events from a traditional mouse device.
> Is this how it should behave? Do gestures only work with touch or even
> multitouch input devices?
>
> Is the a simple way to make the above example work with a mouse?

I'm not getting that example to work with touch either; are you?

The gestures framework isn't being used or maintained much, AFAIK.  It's currently better to use Qt Quick for such things.  There are a couple of example photo gallery apps: qtdeclarative/examples/quick/demos/photoviewer (which has interaction kindof like this one, but gets photos from flickr) and qtdeclarative/examples/quick/demos/photosurface, which I wrote, and which does handle the mouse.  I have a patch to make photoviewer mouse-friendly too, but wasn't satisfied with the behavior yet.  https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,44323