[Interest] Image Format plugins not loading on windows

Michael Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 16:48:59 CET 2013

I have some code in Qt where I am loading a tiff image file. I have placed all the folder "plugins/imageformats/*" from my Qt Build into the same directory as my executable file. When I try to load the QImage image(path_to_tiff) I get a null QImage object back. Checked by using image.isNull() method.

   The path to the file does exist. This same setup works fine on another development machine but not this one. I even tried putting a qt.conf file in with my executable and that did not seem to help.
  Is there some Qt function to query any possible errors that might have occurred when my program tried to load the Qt image plugins?

 This on machines with Windows 7 x64 with Visual Studio 2010 SP1 and a self built Qt 4.8.4.

Thank you for any help.
---

Mike Jackson