[Interest] Automated testing of Qt5 app

Konrad Rosenbaum konrad at silmor.de
Thu Mar 7 20:30:50 CET 2013

Hi,

On Thursday 07 March 2013, Ramakanthreddy_Kesireddy wrote:
> We developed an application which uses QtQuick2.0, Qt3D,QtMutimedia and
> QtLocation modules.
>

> Please let me know if there any automated testing
> tools(openource/licensed) which would support Qt5 and generate
> test report.

There are.

Start with Unit-Tests - isolate simple classes that provide some utility
functions (data encoding, timers, etc.) and test all their methods. Continue
with larger modules and more complex classes. You may have to modify some of
them to be testable. QtTestLib will help you with this, you'll find the
tutorials inside the Qt documentation.

You get reports either as simple console output or as XML data.

Continue with thinking about what functions your GUI provides and how they
interact with the backend of your app. Then get a Squish license from
Froglogic and start testing your GUI as well - you'll have to specifically
ask for the Qt5 version, it is not officially released yet.

	Konrad