[Interest] mouse gestures

Rick Stockton rickstockton at reno-computerhelp.com
Sat Mar 9 20:59:36 CET 2013

Hello, guys.

I just did a fresh pull from GIt, ran the example, and got .... nothing.

Also, when I attempted the doubleclick event (after adding #include
<QMouseEvent> to the header file, it was missing) I got no response on a
doubleclick Action either.

I did build the new qt5/qtbase/src/widgets/kernel/QWindowContainer, but
(of course) it is never instantiated by the current example.

Shawn, may I open a bug on this example, and use it to track the
creation of code which works? I'll tentatively assign to myself, and try
to create
a version of the widget-based example which works with current 5.1-pre.
I'll post a BugID to the list, if that's OK

If this is acceptable, and it turns out to be impossible to resolve by
changes in the example code (i.e., requiring changes to a Qt itself,
then I'll create a subsequent Bug/RFE as a follow-up to that one.
I accept that use of Gestures in Widget-based Applications is not widely
used; but (IMO) we should either declare it to be unsupported, OR create
the bug report -- even if it turns out to be a somewhat long-lived bug,
due to lack of a competent Developer.

Shawn, is my Opinion valid? I'm aware of the plan to Close bugs on the
basis of "stale, no activity", but this would at least have (at worst) a
Closed Bug in the system for people to find.

Mathias, if you can create a working version, feel free to attach to the
Bug which I create, or send me an email with a tarfile attached (this is
a "genuine" email address).

--
GPG fingerprint: 597E 4CE5 6D56 A7C2 DA3A 26FF F21F F828 0C86 165A