[Interest] Qt Service Framework in Qt 5 Latest Release

Rainer Wiesenfarth Rainer_Wiesenfarth at trimble.com
Tue Mar 12 06:45:35 CET 2013

Am 11.03.2013 21:45, schrieb Miller, Doug:
> I'm using the Qt Service Framework in-process plug-in on Linux an
> Windows.  It works fine on Linux, but on Windows I get this run-time
> error:
>
> QServiceManager::addService() "serviceframework_abcplugin" -> ".DLL"
> : "The plugin '.DLL' uses incompatible Qt library. (Cannot mix debug
> and release libraries.)"  - Aborting registration Failed to add
> service from 'abc.xml'
>
> Qt related libs were built in debug and release mode.
>
> When the application was built in debug mode everything works, but
> when built in debug the above problem happens.

I assume application and service have to be both compiled with the same
configuration, i.e. either both in debug mode or both in release mode.

Another option might be to adjust your project settings so that both
debug and release mode of the application and the service use the
release version of Qt and the release runtime libraries - but that
depends on what you would like to be able to debug.

And yes, debug vs. release runtime _is_ nasty on Windows...

Best Regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Rainer Wiesenfarth

--
Software Engineer | Trimble Imaging Division
Rotebühlstraße 81 | 70178 Stuttgart | Germany

Trimble Germany GmbH, Am Prime Parc 11, 65479 Raunheim
Eingetragen beim Amtsgericht Darmstadt unter HRB 83893,
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Frank Heimberg, Hans-Jürgen Gebauer