[Interest] Issues with QT5 demos on i.MX6 (arm - vivanteGPU)

Francisco Carrillo chisco at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 23:55:00 CET 2013

Hello Dear Qt Experts

I am running into some strange issues with Qt5. I have encountered the
issues  with a version I built myself.  I've searched the forums and don't
see any discussion of these issues, though I was searching by error message
and might have missed something.

These issues can be seen in the Qt OpenGL examples.  "hellogl_es2" and
"2dpaint" seem to display one rendered frame and then break --
"hellogl_es2" shows the QT word and bubbles, and the GUI is hidden, while
"2dpaint" just shows the openGL version without label.

It seems that when including  a QGLWidget on a form, the QGLWidget would
work OK, but the rest of the form would not appear. I couldn't click any
buttons or do anything.

Along with these problems I would also see one or more of these error
messages in the output:

* This plugin does not support setParent!
* This plugin does not support propagateSizeHints()
* QOpenGLContext::swapBuffers() called with non-opengl surface

If I try with my wayland rootfs, the story is different "hellogl_es2" demo
will show one good frame and keep it freezed in the background while the
animation continues on top of that, the problem is that it flickers between
background and animation and it looks horrible.

Do you have any hint or idea what could be wrong?