[Interest] QTimer pauses when window minimum

程梁 devbean at outlook.com
Thu Mar 14 09:41:48 CET 2013

>Where it need to be updated ?. To disk or Network?
To disk I think. Now I just tried to make it possible to display the chart on the window.

>You can use QPixmap; Get the QPainter from it & draw without worrying about paintEvent.
Yes! That's what I thought. When the window is visible, I'll draw this pixmap on the window. Thank you!

Cheng Liang
Nanjing, China
http://www.devbean.net

Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 12:45:25 +0530
Subject: Re: [Interest] QTimer pauses when window minimum
From: ararunprasad at gmail.com
To: devbean at outlook.com
CC: interest at qt-project.org

On 14 March 2013 12:32, 程梁 <devbean at outlook.com> wrote:

Yeah, I mean when you clicked minimum button on right top of the window.

I'm developing a monitor system with real time chart so the chart should be updated no matter the window is visible or just in minimized state
Where it need to be updated ?. To disk or Network? . If most windowing system optimize this, I think I should draw the chart in memory in order to update the whole chart when the window is visible. This might be one of solutions.

Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 10:06:34 +0530

From: ararunprasad at gmail.com
To: devbean at outlook.com

CC: interest at qt-project.org

>But when the window minimum QTimer stops and paintEvent() could not be called. Whether your window is in minimized state?. When window is in minimized state it is not visible in screen. Then why you need a paint? Basically most of the windowing system optimizes by not sending paintevent when window is in minimized state.

On 14 March 2013 08:36, 程梁 <devbean at outlook.com> wrote:

Hi, there! In my application I need to update UI every 2s. I use QTimer to implement this feature. But when the window minimum QTimer stops and paintEvent() could not be called. How could I solve this problem? Or could you tell me something else to get this feature?

Thank you!

Cheng Liang
Nanjing, China
http://www.devbean.net