[Interest] QTBUG-150... Change word separators for QTextCursor (QPlainTextEditor)

Scott Aron Bloom scott.bloom at onshorecs.com
Thu Mar 14 23:14:28 CET 2013

So I have a direct need for the QTBUG-150

https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-150?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel

Which basically was as request to allow for a developer defined "word" separator in QPlainTextEdit...

While the original bug filer, and myself have 100% different needs (they wanted to be able to select portions of a regular expression, mine is for a file name) the need is still there...

However, Gunner Sletta, comment "This is easily done by users implementing their own selection based on their own criteria" flippant response is 1) wrong.. If it was so easy, we would figure it out.. 2) violates the code less develop more philosophy..

My question, how do I follow Gunner's suggestion... I need to customize the "double click" functionality, ie, change the word boundaries...

Scott