[Interest] qt3D and qt5 status

Alejandro Exojo aexojo at modpow.es
Tue Mar 19 09:30:06 CET 2013

2013/3/10 qtnext <qtnext at gmail.com>:
> I wants to port an existing apps from Qt4 to Qt5. I suppose that all is
> easily portable, but I use qt3D c++ scenegraph to render my opengl stuff. It
> seems that qt3D is not included in qt5 trunk, but has anybody tryed to
> compile qt3D C++ with qt5 ? Does it works for basic feature ?

I just want to point out the following post:

http://www.kdab.com/kdab-contributions-to-qt-5-0-part-5/

In which you can read: "For Qt 5.1, KDAB is additionally assuming
maintainership of the Qt3D and QtX11Extras modules."

I don't know exactly if it will be considered stable enough in 5.1. I
see very little activity in the repository (last commit that seems to
modify actual code and not "just" buildsystem, license, typos, etc.,
seems to be from February 7th), but I don't know if that's any real
indication of anything or not.

Let's hope for the best.

--
Alejandro Exojo Piqueras