[Interest] QThread and sleep

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Mar 19 18:59:21 CET 2013

On terça-feira, 19 de março de 2013 14.56.47, Hugo Drumond Jacob wrote:
> No problem! In fact, we are using!  It's just a question about
> QThread::wait and QThread::sleep: "It's safe use QThread::wait in
> other situation that not synchronously QThread::terminate ?" and you
> already answered: yes. Maybe not for this point of our application in
> specific, but is normal usage.

They are two very different methods and do not do remotely the same thing.
Asking about the two together in the same breath would suggest that you do not
understand what they are or what you're trying to do.

Anyway, QThread::wait() is perfectly safe to use. It's QThread::terminate()
that is not safe.