[Interest] QMainWindow::restoreState : where to call it?

Etienne Sandré-Chardonnal etienne.sandre at m4x.org
Wed Mar 20 14:05:27 CET 2013

Dear all,

I want to use QMainWindow::restoreState for restoring window dock widgets.
saveState works well in closeEvent (I have some data in the registry wrote
with QSettings).

restoreState does not work when called from the constructor (nothing is
restored)
I have googled for this, most people put it in showEvent. But showEvent is
called also when the window gets restored after being minimized, the docks
should not be restored then!

What is the best way to use it? The documentation is lacking a clear
example (or I did not find it)

Thanks!

Etienne