[Interest] Native Drag&Drop in QtQuick 2 / QtQuickControls

Nils Jeisecke njeisecke at saltation.de
Thu Mar 21 15:53:41 CET 2013

Hi,

I recently had to add some native drag & drop support to a 4.8/Quick
1.1 based application.
I've used this https://bitbucket.org/gregschlom/qml-drag-drop/overview.

I always try to keep porting to 5.0 / Quick 2.0 in mind so I've
checked what would have to
be adjusted in this case.

Part of the challenge would be to render a part of the scene for the
drag pixmap.
With QDeclarativeView you can use the scene's render method. However
there does not seem to be an equivalent for Qt Quick 2.0 so this might
be tricky.

As using Drag&Drop in native desktop applications feels quite natural
I wonder if adding
that functionality is part of the QtQuickControls project scope. I've
not seen any hint yet.

Regards

Nils