[Interest] [Mingw-w64-public] Compiling Qt (4 or 5) with "-std=c++11"

Etienne Sandré-Chardonnal etienne.sandre at m4x.org
Thu Mar 21 23:11:22 CET 2013

I confirm that compiling a Qt application with -std=gnu++11 while Qt
was compiled without, works perfectly. This doesn't break the abi. I'm
also using rubenvb mingw-w64.
I could not compile with -std=c++11 as I have math constants such as
M_PI in many places, but if you really like to, I can do the test. If
I understand right, std-c++11 is just strictly standard compliant
while -std-gnu++11 is more backward-compatible and has the same
interesting features (but maybe allows less portable code, for
instance with MSVC2012?)

By the way, since you are using mingw-w64, can you debug properly
applications in QtCreator? When I debug programs, the call stack is
empty, while I still can see locals, and when I step out a function,
the debugger often crashes. I have no such problems with the mingw32
shipped with Qt.

Thanks,

Etienne