[Interest] Qt builds

Soroush R soroush.rabiei at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 11:13:50 CET 2013

On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 12:39 PM, Алексей Павлов <alexpux at gmail.com> wrote:

> I do not test it but you cat do it and wrote about it here)

I tested your Qt distro today. Unfortunately MySQL plugin is not working
for 64 bit. If you want a working MySQL you need to rebuild C Connector
with MinGW. For 32 bit there is no problem with MSVC-compiled official
binaries. There are so many troubles with MySQL C connector in MinGW. I've
had success with compile after two weeks of struggling with various MinGW
versions and configs. Seems only an old version of rubenvb's config can
compile that source.

I also noticed that you didn't remove extra stuff in QTDIR/bin. There
should be symlinks to dlls in /lib but Windows don't support links, so they
are exact copies of Qt libs (only DLLs) in /bin. You can save 1.38 GB by
removing all Qt libs in /bin. It's safe and tested. I removed them in my
distro and final installer is only 247.5 MB in size ;)