[Interest] Qwt and upgrading to Qt 5

DeanNelson at aol.com DeanNelson at aol.com
Fri Mar 22 03:06:08 CET 2013

It wasn't hard at all. Most of it ran without modification. As long as you
have the line added to the PRO file that adds widgets, everything will
probably  go easy.

So if you add that line in the pro file and then try compiling it. You'll
know soon enough ;-)

Dean

In a message dated 3/21/2013 6:40:47 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
kfrank29.c at gmail.com writes:

Hi  Dean!

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 8:10 PM, wrote:
> I really didn't  have any problems that I can remember.

Thanks for the  feedback.

> I had a bigger issue
> in my own code making the  conversions from Qt4 to Qt5. Just make sure
that
> you  have
>
> greaterThan(QT_MAJOR_VERSION, 4): QT +=  widget
>
> in your *.pro file. That will allow you to still  compile under Qt4. There
> are a few more issues but they are Qt5  related and not Qwt.

I have some relatively simple desktop  applications.  Probably the
"fanciest" thing I do with Qt is use some  simple qwt plots.

Could you give me some sense of just how involved or  simple porting
my Qt 4 code to Qt 5 is likely to be?

>  Regards,
> Dean Nelson

I appreciate hearing about your  experience.

K. Frank

> In a message dated 3/21/2013  3:52:22 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
> kfrank29.c at gmail.com  writes:
>
> Hello Lists!
>
> I am considering  upgrading to Qt 5 (from Qt 4), but I also use qwt, and
I am
> wondering  whether I should expect any significant issues doing so.

Everyone  hates slow websites. So do we.
Make your web apps faster with  AppDynamics
Download AppDynamics Lite for free  today:
http://p.sf.net/sfu/appdyn_d2d_mar
qwt-interest  mailing  list
qwt-interest at lists.sourceforge.net