[Interest] QSqlDatabase

Duane duane.hebert at group-upc.com
Tue May 7 15:10:36 CEST 2013

On 5/6/2013 5:01 PM, Karl Ruetz wrote:
> Did you check QSqlDatabase::lastError()? Might give you a clue. I'd also
> check any logs generated by the DBMS to see if a table has become
> corrupted or some such thing.
>
> Karl
>
> On 2013-05-06 13:00, Duane wrote:
>
>> Why would bool QSqlDatabase::transaction ()
>> return false?  I have a system that has been running for
>> years and recently, intermittently calls to this function have been failing.

I haven't checked LastError but I did check the MySql log and there were
no errors.  I will add some debugging that dumps the last error.
I don't think it's a corrupted table or anything because I would get
errors for that and also, just restarting MySql service clears the
problem for a couple weeks.

One thing that I noticed, we have multiple apps and on this installation
one set of apps is running using Qt4.5.1  and another set is using
4.7.1.  They both use the plugins for MySql.  I'm wondering if there
could be some issue with that?