[Interest] QSqlDatabase

Duane duane.hebert at group-upc.com
Tue May 7 18:06:26 CEST 2013

On 5/7/2013 11:30 AM, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On terça-feira, 7 de maio de 2013 09.10.36, Duane wrote:
>> I haven't checked LastError but I did check the MySql log and there were
>> no errors.  I will add some debugging that dumps the last error.
>> I don't think it's a corrupted table or anything because I would get
>> errors for that and also, just restarting MySql service clears the
>> problem for a couple weeks.
>
> If restarting the server clears the issue, it looks like a server issue. Have
> you tried upgrading your MySQL server to the latest MariaDB release?

I can try to have the customer upgrade their server.  But we have this
same configuration in several locations.  What's odd is that this has
been running for years and just started having this issue a few weeks
ago.  This typically indicates a Windows update or something.

I don't think this is a Qt error, nor an error in our apps as nothing
has chanced in them.  I'm assuming it something else affecting the
server.  We aren't the only application on this database.  I need some
way to find what is causing it.  I am adding some debugging to report
the database errors but the .err file from mysql shows no errors so I am
not optimistic.

>> One thing that I noticed, we have multiple apps and on this installation
>> one set of apps is running using Qt4.5.1  and another set is using
>> 4.7.1.  They both use the plugins for MySql.  I'm wondering if there
>> could be some issue with that?
>
> No, it shouldn't be.

I don't think so either.  I have checked a couple of other installations
that don't have this problem and they are set up similarly.  I notice
that the others ones have a higher number of max connections so I'm
looking at that. I've increased the number and asked their IT guys to do
"show processlist" if this happens again.