[Interest] QtQuick2 FBO QQuickItem for rendering OpenGL issue on Playbook

Preet prismatic.project at gmail.com
Fri May 10 21:46:38 CEST 2013

Hiya,

I have a QQuickItem based off this example (
http://doc-snapshot.qt-project.org/qt5-dev/qtquick/quick-scenegraph-textureinsgnode.html)
which shows how to use a QSGSimpleTextureNode as a FBO.

I render a simple textured plane to the FBO, here's what it looks like on
my desktop (Linux):
http://i.imgur.com/YXhQafw.png. The dark blue shows the extent of the FBO.

Here's what it looks like on the playbook:
http://i.imgur.com/BRrROca.png. The texture of the FBO has become the
texture that's supposed to be used in the 3d scene.

Here's what the same scene looks like on the playbook without any textures,
just a colored plane: http://i.imgur.com/zDns3tY.png ... this works as
expected.

Something weird's going on with textures. I tried adding an Image {}
element in my QML file with the textured 3d scene.

What it should look like [image on the right, fbo n the left] (desktop):
http://i.imgur.com/vaWksww.png

What it does look like (playbook):
http://i.imgur.com/a9iEntg.png

Is it possible that this is a bug? Or something specific to OpenGL ES 2 I'm
not accounting for (I don't have any other ES 2 devices to test with)?

I'd appreciate any input. I'm using Qt 5.1 Alpha.

Preet