[Interest] Particles Emitter, emit signal when particle life is expired?

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Sun May 12 14:08:50 CEST 2013

Hi,

I'm browsing through the Emitter API while searching for "some" way to
get notified when a particle is expired.

What i'm having is one emitter that emits 1 particle every 25ms then
one trailemitter that adds a trail to the particle. Now in the main
emitter (with 1 particle every 25 ms) i want to get notified when the
particle dies - which is 625 ms later. How can i do that?

I can probably play with the Timer element, but then i'd need a timer
for every particle which is quite a pain to do in QML in a dynamic
fashion.. I'm actually hoping there is a signal somewhere (or a
onSomething...) that i haven't found yet but can also be used to get
the same result.

If that doesn't exists then i guess i need to make a dynamic timer
element for QML, right?

The ideal thing - for me - to have here is a signal that fires with
the X and Y position where the particle expired.

Regards,
Mark