[Interest] Qt Sensors, can it support CPU, GPU and HDD sensors as well?

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Tue May 14 11:04:13 CEST 2013

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 10:54 AM, Mark <markg85 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> While looking through the Qt Sensors docs i find that to be very much
> focused on mobile device sensors as in phones, tablets and everything
> in between. However, the ancient old sensors of HDD, GPU and CPU seem
> nowhere to be found.
>
> Can the Qt Sensor package add support for that?
> Is it even suitable to add support for that? I'm asking because even
> the abstract base class "QSensor" [1] is quite focused on mobile
> devices considering the *orientation properties.
>
> Kind regards,
> Mark
>
> [1] = http://doc-snapshot.qt-project.org/qt5-stable/qtsensors/qsensor.html

CC to alan

Incase this won't be suitable for the QtSensort package, will it be
suitable for a "Qt Temperature" package? I'm not planning on making
this, but it seems like a nice addition to Qt considering the amount
of temperature stuff on kde-look which are nearly all using either
superkaramba or /proc/... directly. (based on the few that i looked
at. i could be completely off though)