[Interest] Unique - Hardware bound - ID

Adrian Stern adrian.stern at screenfood.com
Tue May 14 11:41:37 CEST 2013

Hello

I'm looking for an easy way to get a unique ID for the system my software is running on.
We need this ID to be absolutely unique so we can identify each running system and assing stuff to it.

So far I found a few linux specific ways to get "some" IDs, which I think can be sufficient but surely not the best solution.
e.g. demidecode, hdparm, sdparm, /proc/foo

Is there a Qt-way of doing this stuff? Platform independent would be great but is not a must.
If you know the right linux dependent way of doing this, help would be much appreciated.

Freundliche Grüsse / Best Regards / Meilleures salutations
Adrian Stern
Diese E-Mail und ihre Anhänge enthalten vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschützte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail inklusive Anhänge. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe der Inhalte dieser Mail ist nicht gestattet.
This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail including the attachments. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.