[Interest] Qt for Android not quite what I expected

Portale Alessandro Alessandro.Portale at digia.com
Tue May 14 18:00:02 CEST 2013

From: interest-bounces+alessandro.portale=digia.com at qt-project.org [interest-bounces+alessandro.portale=digia.com at qt-project.org] on behalf of Guido Seifert [wargand at gmx.de]
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 17:48

> Hi,
> with the new beta binary package I was able to compile and deploy to android.
> Still, an ugly surprise...
>
> See attached images.
> Android1 how it looks like in the designer.
> Android2 on the device.
>
> Looks like a font problem. Can anyone give me a hint, where to look to fix this?
> What fonts I can use? Generally what went wrong?

It seems that You are using absolute pixel sizes for the widgets. Since the Android device has a higher DPI than your Desktop, Qt will use a font with bigger default pixel size, but it will in this case not adjust the widget size.

Solution: Try putting the widgets into a layout manager, then the widgets will expand accordingly and the fonts should not be cut off.

Br,
Alessandro